The Red Wine Chocolate Cake is a cake of the farmer tradition, simple to prepare and made with a few and genuine ingredients. The red wine chocolate cake really satisfies everyone thanks to its intense chocolate flavor and a slight hint of red wine.
The only problem with Red Wine Chocolate Cake? It’s impossible to eat only one piece of it!
Here is the recipe to make a yummy Red Wine Chocolate Cake.
Ingredients for Making a Special Red Wine Chocolate Cake
- 200 ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil blended with fresh Sicilian Oranges Papa Vince. If you don’t have it, you can use normal Extra Virgin Olive Oil. If you would like to buy Papa Vince EVOO, you will find the link here.
- 150 ml of Syrah Red Wine.
- 4 eggs
- 150 g of plain flour.
- 16 g baking powder
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 300 g sugar
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 320F/160C
- Pour the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Red Wine, cocoa powder and sugar in a small pot, heat over a low flame, turning with a wooden spoon until the mixture is homogeneous and free of lumps. * Turn off the heat when the cream starts to boil
- Leave aside 150 ml of the cream
Let the other part of the cream cool down and then pour it in a bowl. Put the eggs one at a time, stirring carefully.
- Now add the flour, baking powder and chocolate previously cut into small pieces
- Once the mix is homogeneous it is ready to be baked
- Butter the baking tray, pour the mix and bake for about 30 minutes.
- It is important not to open the oven during cooking, otherwise the thickness of the cake will decrease.
- Once ready, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down for about 2 hours
- Now it is ready to be covered with chocolate cream and Red Wine left aside at the beginning.
- Take a fork and create small cracks all over the cake so that the cream can penetrate
- Now pour the cream over the cake
Your Chocolate Red Wine Cake is ready. You’ll see what a treat!